Judicial Trauma Institute
The Judicial Trauma Institute was presented live on April 22-23, 2021 via webcast. The content was designed by Commission staff in partnership with the Statewide Collaborative on Trauma-Informed Care (SCTIC) Training Workgroup and hosted by the Texas Center for the Judiciary. The goal of the conference was for judicial teams to gain information and discover practical tools and resources about how to become a trauma-informed and trauma-responsive court in child welfare cases. The conference session replays and materials are relevant and useful for any Texas judge or stakeholder interested in learning more about trauma and trauma-informed court practices.
For attorneys seeking MCLE credit, please contact CCTraining@txcourts.gov after viewing the session recordings.
- Resource: Assessing Trauma for Juvenile and Family Courts From Development to Implementation from NCJFCJ
- Resource: Building a Trauma-Informed Child Welfare System-A Blueprint from the Children’s Commission
- Video: All Rise for the Good of the Children
- Resource: Eight Steps for Getting Started
- Video: Procedural Justice in Child Protection Cases Part 1
- Video: Procedural Justice in Child Protection Cases Part 2